Friday, 15 October 2010

Week 3 Start

In this assignment we have been told that this module is a module that is getting us ready for the games industry, and that we will be taught the most important things to know before we leave for the industry.

Our tutor told us that we will be researching the area we want to focus on in the games industry, how to setup a good CV and also how to show our portfolio on show reels.

For the first 2 weeks of this module we havent really had any lessons on Proffesional Practice but thats because we have been doing presentations and other stuff that was more important thats why this is my first entry for this module.

For this week we were told to research the area that we want to work on in the games industry. I've known for a quite a while now that I want to be an environment artist and this is because of last years assignments.

During last year we had assignments that allowed us to create props, environments and also vechiles and out of every assignment I did i really enjoyed doing the RTR environement.

Below is a picture of the environment i created for RTR, after doing this environment i really wanted to develop my skills so that my next environment work is a lot better than the last one. because there was a lot that wasn't that great.


Through out the week I have been looking at environment artist that have influenced me, and i came across Rashad Redic who was the environement artist for Fallout 3. When looking at fallout 3 environments i was really amazed by how realistic they looked, below is a photo of one of the environments Rashad Redic worked on.


I was also looking for the environment artist for the Modern Warfare franchise but i couldn't find a specific artist, but thats the kind of environments that I am intrested in, the environments that are blocked off for a teamdeath match.

I am hoping for next week to have a few environment artists names that have worked on games that I am intrested in and I would also like to try and find out if any of the artists have a blog or a website where I can learn more about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment