Friday, 18 February 2011

End Of Year Show Marking Scheme

This week our task was to layout our end of year show marking scheme. We had to explain what we wanted to be marking on using a percentage scheme. I have given myself a percentage on each of the headings on the module handbook and I think the percenatges I have asked for a fair.

Blog

The blog is 30% anyhow, we didn't have a say in on how I wanted to be marked because this is part of our assignment. I think 30% is fair anyway and I think If I had the choice to choose my own It would have been around that area. The blog basically contains everything that I have done and learnt during PPG lessons and how I expect to get better. It also explains how I aim to get a job when I finish university.

Showreel

My showreel is 25% of my marking scheme and this is because the amount of time and effort I will be putting into this piece of work. During last semester we had to do a draft showreel which took a lot longet than i intially thought it would, and that wasn't even finished. I know that when it comes to putting together the finihsed showreel I will have to take a few days out and learn new techniques to give my showreel the justice it deserves. Also I will be updating the showreel more as I get closer to finishing the actual year, so hopefully with 2 weeks left of the year I should have a good finished showreel.

Website

My website is 15% of my marking scheme. This is because of many different reasons, time being the main issue. I will have to learn how to setup a website before I can even consider putting one together which Im assuming isn't a slow task. Once this is done I will have to concept finished layout ideas for my website so it looks proffesional. Then I have to have all my work finished so that I can present the website at the end of year.

CV

My CV is 10% of my marking scheme. During the three years of university we have had several modules that have taught us how to layout a proffesional CV and how people look at them. I have only madse this 10% because I know I can do a proffesional CV and it shouldn't take too long to do.

Business Cards

Business Cards are 5% of my marking scheme. This is because I know that I have to design the business card but getting them printed is done proffesionally by companys. So i know not too much time will be spent on these. I know what needs to be on the business card so all I have to do is make some designs and then the business card should look appealing as well as proffesional.

Presentation Sheets

Presentation sheets are 5% of my marking scheme. This is because I already know how my presentation sheets are going to look so there isn't much more I can do to make them any better. I may laminate some of ther sheets so that they don't get tattered as people come and look at them but other than that I think everything should be ok.

Physical Portfolio

My physical portfolio will be 5% of my marking scheme. Again this is because by the time the show comes I should already have everything layed on disc from hand in assignments, so all I have to do is print out all of my asset sheets, beauty shots and them have them laminated and then then everything should look proffesional and in order.

Materials For Student Show

I have given myself 5% for materials for the student show. I not quite sure what I am going to be bringing but I am sure Im bringing something. I will know closer to the time when certain assignments have been handed in.

Overall

Blog 30%
Showreel 25%
Website 15%
CV 10%
Business Cards 5%
Presentation Sheets 5%
Physical Portfolio 5%
Materials For Student Show 5%

No comments:

Post a Comment