Thursday, 10 February 2011

Week 13 Getting industry to recognize my work

This week we have being asked to talk about the kind of games companys that we would like to attend our end of year show and explain why.

I will be talking about local games companys that I would like to attend the end of year show and also I will have a paragraph on Games companys I would like to attend If I could choose anyone.


Eurocom.png
 
My first choice would be Eurocom and this is for many reasons. The first one being that the company is local and very well respected in the games industry. They have a lot of talent and make great games every year. The reason I would like Eurocom to come is because the games they make really intrest me as an environment artist. They make quite a few different unique games for example James Bond all the way to Pirates of the Carribean, which allows you show off your skills in different ways.

Also we have had some representives of Eurocom come to the university before and also we had the chance to go to Eurocom and there a nice bunch of people who give you honest crit to make you a better artist.

The Evolution Studios logo

Another Games company has to be evoultion studios. Although they make racing games I think the environments in the games are some of the best I have seen on the next generation consoles. I am currently doing a western scene for one of my projects which contains a lot of mountains and terrain sculpting, and in the first motorstorm there is a lot of terrain and the terrain is top notch. I have actually been looking at screenshots of motorstorm to get an idea of how desert mountains are formed. I know that Evoultion studios are well respected in the games industry and I think for representives of the studio to come and look at my work would be brilliant.

Codemasters company logo

I really would love to see some representives of this company feature at the end of year show because I think the Games they realise are awesome. I think the way they go about making games is really proffesional and they listen to fans crit and take it on board for future games. They have done this with Dirt 3 which is due for realise very soon. They have taken all the bad crit and used them to develop Dirt 3 to its full potenial. Not just that they are well respected and very well known in the games Industry. I think there environments In game are brilliant and would love to have the oppurtunity to show my work to these guys.

Naughty Dog.png

Well the name says everything. Naughty Dog have realised games as crash bandicoot and the uncharted games. The uncharted games in my point of view are the best games visually to play. There enviroments are stunning and some of the scenes are breath taking. I dont think I could ask for better representives to look at my work when it comes to the environment sides of things. I think out of all the games companies mentioned this is the company that I would like to attend the end of year show to look at my work.

If Anybody Would Come

If I was told that no matter what the comapny is or where the company is based they will be at the end of year show I would have to choose infinity ward.

Infinity Ward Logo.png

I have chose this company because my passion lies in modelling Environments, but If I had my choice I could model FPS maps all day because there is no limitations. You can grime up everything and make everything look damaged and half of the time there isnt really a limit on what props can be made because there is always somewhere you can place them.

Although Infinity Ward only make the Call Of Duty series I think they have become one of the most reknowed games companys in the world today for good and bad, but when it comes to making games with great level design great graphics and great gameplay I think Infinity ward are one of the best. I think if this group of people were to show up at the end of year show I would think it was a joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment