This week we had a visit from crytek. Aiden Wilson came into look at our work and give us advice on how to make our work better. I showed both of my environments that are currently finished these being the western scene that I am doing and the children of men scene.
The western scene Aiden seem to like, he gave me some good criticsm on the trees that I have modelled and also gave me some good advice about modular building. He asked questions like what did I find the most difficult part of the scene and also what i was most proud off. Personally I think the most difficult part of the scene was getting the atmospheric lighting into the scene to give the realistic look. This is also what I am most proud off because how loong it took to sort out and make. Overall for the western scene i was happy with the crit and also happy with Aiden liking the scene.
For the children of men scene again he seemed very happy. I explanied that the children of men scene was 2 of us. He really appreciated the amount of work and effort that had gone into the scene and thought that as a team we did well to make everything fit very well together.
I think after the visit and having a talk with Aiden I feel a lot more confident as an 3d artist, He gave me good criticsm and also said that everything looked really nice, and to hear that from someone in the industry always makes you feel good about your work.
Also this week I have a little look into getting business cards made for the end of year show. I havent looked in detail and I am still debating whether to make my own business card or use a pre made template. I am edgeing towards making my own business card. I had a look a site called good print (http://www.goodprint.co.uk/) this site allows you to either use pre made templates and also make your own design. The thing i liked about the site is the variety. The variety of different things you can do on this is pretty good. You can add your own designs, have different shaped business cards, and your allowed to do what you want with them.
There also very cheap to buy and you get a good bulk of cards for the price. I think in the upcoming weeks im guna do some mock designs and start to get some preview cards made and hand them to my tutors to get an opinion on how to make them better.
No comments:
Post a Comment