This week I have focused on getting my draft website up and running. I decided to use the website Weebly because I had freinds that said it was a good way to get my website up and running. Also they said that weebly didnt need any programming unless you wanted to add something unique to your website.
Before starting my website i wanted to have a look at how other 3D artists have layed out there portfolios and if there layout works. Like I said last week I had an intial idea on how I wanted my website to look but I wasnt sure how realistic this idea was. when looking at other websites I came along a few that were really good but obviously took a lot of time and they probabily had some programming knowledge.
The idea I wanted was simple but effective. I wanted a homepage that was my portfolio. I wanted the website to be effective and soon as you see it. My website idea was to have a small web banner sized picture of my work that was clickable, this would then link you to high res shots of my work. This would include props sheets, beauty shots and everything else. I would then have links at the top saying the recommended ideas. Resume been the first one followed by my show reel and a contact tab. The home page will be my portfoilio having one image from every piece work that is click able and links you to the more detailed page.
Above is the main page of my website so far. What I have done is I have put my main work on the homepage which is my portfolio, which then allows you see what I have done instead of searching for work. The pictures are click able and when clicked take you to a more detailed page about the work. This includes my beauty shots and all other shots from the work. I have also talked a little about the project and why I did it.
Also I have added my linked headings which I mentioned I was going to do. I have done a draft resume and I think there basics are there but looking back at it I will definitely be asking for opinions. The show reel isn't up yet and wont be for a couple of weeks, and the contact is what it says it is. I think this layout for my website is a lot easier to navigate than some that I have seen. Some websites visually are stunning but can take ages to find the work your looking for. I wanted mine to look simple and be effective. I think I have done that because the headings are clear and the images are clear.
The picture above is what you will see if you click on some work. There is a short paragraph that tells you about the scene and then they are followed by beauty shots. For the children Of men work I have also included shots that show what I did and what Danny did. At the minute that's all I have on these pages but I am going to be adding prop sheets and a Shell sheet of the buildings and textures. I will be doing this for all of my work unless the prop is a unique prop, then this will go in the props section.
My aim for the next few upcoming weeks is to keep adding to the website and maybe get the children of men link finished. I want to have all of my props sheets in there as well as other things I have mentioned. I will be rendering my props out in marmoset and showing both in game and wire frame shots.
Once I have the children of men link done this will be the template for all of my other links and then the domain can be bought and once the work is finished I can start sending the website out to potential employers.
Here is the link to the website http://keenan3d.weebly.com/



No comments:
Post a Comment