I managed to get everything working besides the actual exporting as a dumpmovie. I started with setting up a camera in UDK then using kismets and groups to allow the camera to pan through an environment I am currently working on.
I then went on to try and create the shortcut that is needed so the dumpmovie can work, I copied the information where the files should save, but it wouldnt work, I did try for a good few hours to sort the problem out but at the end of the day i couldnt work out what I was doing wrong.
After a couple of hours trying to get it working I gave up and used some software called camstudio to record the environment beign panned through, In a way I feel like I have still learnt a lot about cameras and kismets this week but tommorow I will be asking my tutor where i went wrong and If he could see anything wrong with how i was exporting.
So for next week I am hoping to have dumpmovie working and also some turntables of props that I am working on in my western scene, I can then start to put all of these techniques together to get a draft showreel together.
No comments:
Post a Comment