For this week we were given the task to create a draft showreel, nothing special just something that shows your ideas for the showreel be it a storyboard, screenshots or a good go and a finalised version. Continuing from last weeks task of looking at previous work i decided that I had nothing from the last 2 years that I feel happy putting in my finished showreel .
I know exactly how i would like my showreel to pan out but I was told by my tutor never overthink my showreel too much because you end up having either too much work to fit into a small time or the other way were you have spent too much time on one piece which isnt enough for a showreel.
I think now I have an idea on what makes a good showreel and how I should present the showreel to a proffesional standard. With the previoius weeks of how not to make a showreel i pretty confident that my showreel should look and work really well. The showreel will consist of 2 environments one of the environment s been 2 seperate ones put togetether ina western theme, the other been a scene from a movie which is Children Of Men. In between both of these environments I am going to be presenting some props that I think look good enough to go into the showreel, most of the props will be from the western environment so they will look good cluttered together. I want the props in the middle of the showreel because I have noticed when im watching showreels i remember the 1st piece of work and the last, and i know my environments will be my best pieces of work so i want one at the begginning and one at the end.
I will be presenting my draft showreel as a storyboard, I will be using screenshots of WIP and other peoples work as it says i can do in the task and explaining the time of each shot music in the background and what is happening in the shots.

No comments:
Post a Comment