This week I have been working on turntables and getting my first draft done of my showreel. By first draft I mean first draft, I still havent been able to work out how to do dumpmovie because our tutor was ill last week so I am currently still using cam studio to capture my videos and I having a lot of issues doing what I actually want in my showreel.
In my showreel I will have 3 environments and they are all quite big, I want to show them off the there full potential and by doing this I though panning through the level would be a good idea. I know dumpmovie is the way to get the video out which isnt the problem. I want to be able to fade from just the model into wireframe them fade the textures over the model which is really simple In maya, but I want this all in UDK. I havent come across the method on how to do this just yet but I know it's possible because of showreel's I have previously seen.
This is my first draft of at least 5 becasue I want my finished showreel to look like i have imagined. In this showreel I have faded out the model into wireframe using maya because no methods found yet in UDK, I have then faded them into a pan through in UDK which isnt brilliant but you get the idea.
This is why I want to be able to fade models into wireframes then into textures in UDK becasue the camera is at the same angle and same height, so everything would fit nicely together. Also the music in the background isnt what im having in my showreel, its just give the showreel some life.
As you can see from the video above I have had to inprovise around areas where I couldnt get certain methods to work. I am hoping for next week I have dumpmovie fully working then i can carry on working on my showreel.
If the video is unclear then the better res one is here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQI7T_j_lBY
Really awesome reel Dave!
ReplyDeleteMy feedback would be to get make the banner at the bottom a little more compact so it doesn't attract too much attension. It seems a little distraction at times. Love the idea though!
yea cheers for that noel i take that into consideration on my next draft that i do
ReplyDelete